Constitution of the Syndicate
- The Syndicate shall be the executive authority of the University and shall consist of the following namely :-
- The Vice-Chancellor,
- [ The Director of Higher Education and if he is unable to attend, the officer designated under clause (xi) of paragraph (B) of I-Ex-Officio Fellows of section 15.
- The Director of Technical Education, and if he is unable to attend, the officer designated under clause (xi) of paragraph (B) of I-Ex-Officio Fellows of section 15.
- The Director of Health and Medical Services and Medical Education and if he is unable to attend, the officer designated under clause (xia) of paragraph (B) of I-Ex-officio Fellow of section 15.]
- Two Heads of Departments of the University elected by the Senate from amongst the Heads of Departments of the University in accordance with the Statutes,
- Two Principals elected by the Senate from amongst the Principals of the degree colleges affiliated to the University, in accordance with the Statutes,
- Ten persons elected by the Senate in accordance with the Statutes 3 [from amongst Fellows other than those who are Heads of University Departments or principals of Colleges or are Fellows under paragraph (D) under the heading “I-Ex Officio Fellows” or under clauses (i) and (ii) of paragraph (B) under the heading “II-Ordinary Fellows”, in section 15],
- Two representatives elected by the Charutar Vidya Mandal,
- One representative of the Institute of Agriculture elected by the trustees of Sheth Mansukhlal Chhagaulal Trust and of Sheth Munglal Goenka Trust.
- One representative elected by the Birla Education Trust;
- 4 Four persons nominated by the State Government from amongst distinguished educationists, teachers, social workers and such other class of persons irrespective of whether they are members of the Senate], provided that a member elected under clauses (c) to (e) shall cease to hold office as such member if he ceases to be a Head of the University Department, or a Principal, or a Fellow of the Senate as the case may be.
- The term of office of the elected members of the Syndicate shall be three years.
- If for any reason whatsoever the elected member remains absent for four consecutive ordinary meetings of the Syndicate, he shall vacate his seat on the Syndicate.
1 The sub-section was substituted for the original by Gujarat Act No. 8 of 1966, S. 13.
2 These clauses were substituted for the clause “(b) The Director of Education or his nominee who shall not be lower in rank than that of a Deputy Director of Education” by Gujarat Act No. 10 of 1982
3 These words were substituted for the words “from amongst the Fellows” by Gujarat Act No. 15 of 1970, S.6.
4 This clause was inserted by Gujarat Act No. 10 of 1982.