The department has always observed the healthy practice of collecting constructive feedback from the current students as well as alumni and incorporate necessary changes as and when required. Given below are some of the feedbacks …..
- I consider myself blessed and fortunate to be a student of the Department of English, V. V. Nagar during my P.G study. The enriching, caring and enlightening ambience of the department had always been the root cause of my motivation and which also played a vital role in shaping and sharpening my submerged potentialities and skills. The positive, affectionate and dedicated guidance of my teachers carved in me the quest to become like one of them and spread the light of knowledge and qualities of ideal teacher to the unfathomed and unexplored regions. I strongly believe that it is the untiring guidance, emotional support and moral strength which my revered teachers inculcated in me has moulded me to what I am today. The commitment, the sense of belongingness, developing the right approach in justifying the worldly affairs too played a very deep impact in my professional as well as personal life. The Department has nurtured deep humane and ethical values in making me towards a responsible and dedicated teacher of English with profound humane sensitivity. – Dr Reji George, Associate Professor, Shri.T.C. Arts & J.V.G.Trust Commerce College, Radhanpur
- I always feel proud that I studied at The Department of English. The years I spent at the department shaped my life in two ways. Firstly, I started taking literature seriously which boosted my thinking and imagination. Secondly, studying under such professors gave me many life lessons. I stand with the opinion that only studies can’t gain you anything but I liked the serious and studious atmosphere of the department. At last, the uniqueness is hard to define although it can be said that the Department of English is most dynamic and vibrant department. – Krupesh Chauhan, Lecturer, NS Patel Arts College, Anand
- It was excellent studying, here at the Department of English. Teachers are extremely cooperative and helpful. They are more like facilitators, mentors and guides. They did not merely guide us in studies but also became our coach for life. – Mittal Harshadrai Rajyaguru, Jewellery Designer, Proprietor, Muddra Gems and Jewellery, Surat
- For me, this is the place where I learn how to explore our hobbies and make them your career… Thanks All faculty members for your support and believe in us.
– Heena Indrakumar Khushlani, Consultant, E-procurement Technologies Limited, Ahmedabad
- Greatly moulded by the eminent scholars over there in my tenure of studies which in turn has been still helpful in teaching language and literature. My career and dream both were blended here…..and the admixture has been still oozing in me. Thank you My abode of Knowledge. – Vishal Joshi, Poet & Assistant Professor, Lokbharti-Lokseva Mahavidyalaya, SANOSARA
- I am proud to be an alumnus of the Post Graduate Department of English, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar. I have studied English at this department from 1991 to 1993 under the scholarly and renowned faculty members. – Rajesh Kariya, Associate Professor, Arts, Science & R. A. Patel Commerce College, Bhadran
- It was once in a lifetime opportunity to be a part of a wonderful group of people at the Department of English. What I particularly liked was the way my teachers helped me bring out the best in me. The teachers at the department were great and I had never met such passionate, competent and motivated teachers before. Thank you very much Department of English, SPU – Naresh Patel, Assistant Professor, Government Polytechnic Kheda
- Throughout my tenure as a student and as a researcher, the department has moulded my personality and set in me a stupendous attitude for learning. It has provided me a vision with which I see teaching as a passion and not a profession. My Gurus at the department have always instilled in me a new zeal when I got exhausted. Innovative practices at the department always lead to a new voyage of research. – Jagdish Solanki, Assistant Professor, Government Science College, Songadh Dist. Tapi
- The department has made me what I am today. I have learned to be the teacher in the true sense of the term. I owe the success of mine as a teacher, as a person and as a professional to my Learning Experiences at the department. – Dr Gaurav Thakarar, Assistant Professor, P P Savani University
- It has turned out to be a career-building decision of my life. The SP University, especially the English Department has carved its precious place in my heart. It has made me a dedicated teacher as I am today. I am in debt to all the teachers of the department who have taught me the ABCD of English literature and carved in me a dedicated research scholar. – Sameer Solanki, Assistant Professor, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology, Vasad.
- It has been a privilege to be a part of such a resourceful institution like the Department of English. It has helped me in becoming what I am today. It gives me immense pride in sharing with my students what I acquired from the department. – Dr Monika Thattil, Associate Professor, M. B. Patel Science College, Anand
- I was fortunate to learn under the great teachers at the Department of English. I am grateful to each one of them for shaping my mind and help me transform into a confident teacher. With their constant support, I could manage to secure a Gold Medal at my MA. Whatever I am today, I owe to my revered teachers. – Dr Shobhana Nair, Associate Professor, Smt. SR Mehta Arts College, Navgujarat Campus, Ashram Road, Ahmedabad
- The learning experience at the Department of English has been the most important formative influence upon my career. I cherish each and every moment passed there. The lectures full of sound knowledge, delivered by the learned professors still echo in my mind. I have treasured lots of golden moments of my student life in the Department of English. – Jigna Vohra, Associate Professor, Smt R. R. H. Patel Mahila Arts College, Vijapur
- “Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, But to be young was very heaven!” (Wordsworth, The Prelude). What a world it was… Teachers, friends, poetry, theories and tea. Everyone has a golden phase in life, mine was my full-time days lived at the Department. – Hiten Solanki, Assistant Teacher, Ekatanagar Primary School(Napa) – Borsad
- Department of English, for me, is the place where my Bildungsroman Journey began. This place has blessed me with knowledge and has shaped me in a kind and good citizen of the nation. Faculty members of my department have always been ready to extend any kind of academic help. In other terms, it’s my Academic Home. – Pratik Dalwadi, Assistant Professor, Institute of Language Studies and Applied Social Sciences, Vallabh Vidyanagar