- Catering to the needs of the region for which we were created by our rural-based University
- Revising our curricula, initiating necessary changes in teaching and learning processes, materials and evaluation practices at regular intervals, to be in tune with the current trends both at the national and international levels.
- Adding regularly the most current and upcoming areas of knowledge to our curricular framework in order to strengthen teaching and research in English Studies.
- Exploring possibilities for establishing linkages with other academic institutions of importance at the national and international levels with a view to facilitating a free-flow of knowledge.
- Fostering association with alumni and interaction with the industry and service sectors from time to time to update ourselves about the changing needs for mutual benefit.
Our resolve is to remain steadfast in our commitment:
- to make our modest contribution to the society by designing and implementing short-term, need-based Courses in English, including English for Specific Academic Purposes for all levels
- to translate literatures published in Indian Languages after the 1970s, especially those in Hindi and Gujarati into English
- to undertake research in new and upcoming areas, and to continue assisting the Universities, like IGNOU, BAOU, sister institutions, sister universities in the state, the UGC, various Public Service Commissions including the Union Public Service Commission, industry etc by providing expertise when called upon to do so.