AERC-Environmental Protection Policy
AERC promote the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources, minimise environmental pollution in all its activities and, where possible, influence and encourage others to do so.
This Environmental Policy has been prepared to provide an outline of the College’s mission in relation to managing the environmental effects of its operationsIt is a well-known fact that environmental resources protect, sustain and nurture life, livelihoods as well as social and economic activities of human beings. The conservation and development of environmental resources is, therefore, essential for sustaining our social, economic, and physical well-being. All efforts, however small; made towards environmental protection could go a long way towards this end.
AERC commits to improve awareness of environmental matters through:
- Appropriate training to staff.
- Adoption of ‘Best Practice’ in its operations.
- Seeking opportunities to develop environmental awareness in students, through academic programmes and campus awareness initiatives.
- Facilitation of research in sustainability.
Staff and students will be encouraged to extend this to life outside the College.
The purpose of this Environmental Policy is to:
- Assure students and staff of the commitment of the Centre to implement responsible environmental management in an economical and efficient manner.
- Reduce incidents which might harm the environment and for which the College may be in contradiction of its legal requirements.
- Reduce the consumption of raw materials and energy.
- Help to provide a better environment for future generations.
- Continue to make the College an attractive institution for study, research, business, sponsorship and with Government.
The Centre is located at the H.M. Patel Institute of Rural Development, Opp. Nandalaya Temple, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar 388120. In the same building, the Department of Economics is housed on the ground and first floor while AERC and CCS are working from the second floor of the same building.
The faculty members, staff and students of the AERC are hereby urged/advised/instructed to follow and comply with the below-mentioned practices in order to conserve, nurture and strengthen our environmental resources; both biotic and abiotic.
- Please do not waste clean drinking water supplied in the Centre. You may report any leakage/wastage of water to the office as soon as possible.
- Please keep the public areas/toilets clean and maintain personal hygiene for your own as well as public safety.
- Please switch off tube lights/fans in public areas when you vacate the place.
- Please make it a point to assemble/work in such a way that a minimum number of tube-lights/fans is required to be put on.
- Please make it a point to switch off all tube-lights and fans in class rooms, computer laboratory, library, reading room, lobbies, girls’ room, boys’ room, office, meeting room and faculty cabins when not in use.
- Please switch off the computers, printers and other such equipment when expected to remainunused for more than 15 minutes.
- Please ask yourself before printing, DO I REALLY NEED TO PRINT THIS?
- Please print on both sides of the paper as far as possible.
- Whenever printing on both sides is not appropriate, please reuse as many printed papers as possible for printing draft correspondence, office memos, rough work etc.
- Please do not smoke, spit, or damage the furniture in the Department.
- Do not throw trash except in designated dust bins.
- Please do not pluck flowers from flower beds, garden or lawn in the Department. Appreciate, nurture and contribute towards maintaining greenery in the Department premises.
- Practise all of the above till they become your habits.
- Practise the same in your home, hostel or any other public place that you might visit.
- Continue with the same practices all your life, starting from TODAY!
Continuation of the policy
Centre will seek to continually review, improve and develop this Environmental Policy and will commit to its implementation. This includes full compliance with local and national legislation and guidance and achieving integration of the Policy into decision making at all levels.