University and Industry Interaction Cell (UIIC)
With Emergence of free market economy considerable emphasis is being given, the world over, for the close co-operation between universities and the other sectors of the economy like industries, corporate and services etc. With this in mind, University-Industry Interaction Cell (UIIC) has been established at Sardar Patel University to promote co-operation amongst the stakeholders at the university and leaders of the industry, corporate and service sectors. Under the present scenario of Nation Building engulfed with global competition and challenges, the UIIC works with specific objectives:
- To create and update database and a directory on the Consultancy potentials of the faculty members of the University along with the available resources.
- To identify the contemporary R & D problems, issues of mutual interest including testing/analytical service requirements through regular interaction with industries and professional institutions.
- To publish and disseminate brochures covering information about UIIC and publication of annual news letter regarding ongoing consultancy projects, achievements and forth coming activities of the cell.
- To encourage faculty and non-teaching staff to undertake consultancy assignments of diverse nature as outlined in the consultancy rules.
- To encourage and facilitate the departments to generate revenue by offering analytical services/material characterization etc. as well as certification to other academic/research institutions and industries.
- To interact with the industry for design and development of new courses as per the requirements of Industry and also increase the student participation in the industrial activities in the form of student internship programme.
- To promote introduction of novel Certificate/Diploma programs related to pure and applied sciences and social sciences.
- To facilitate the signing of MoU and development of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)/patents by the University faculty based on products and processes developed.
- To encourage the students for innovative thinking and research towards establishment of start-up, inculcate entrepreneurial skills and support entrepreneurship and establish incubation centers.
- To review the consultancy policy/rules and regulations from time to time on the basis of the feedback from various stakeholders.