- The department has well-equipped laboratories with state-of-the-art computer hardware and software. The hardware includes servers like two IBM X-3650 M3 servers, one HP Proliant DL 380P Gen 8 server, one Compaq ML530 server and two IBM X-Series 225 servers, one QNAP NAS05D792 Network-Attached Storage device, etc. apart from more than 190 desktop computers and 14 laptops.
- The software facility at the department includes popular operating system platforms, programming language compilers, development tools, DBMS packages, etc. Both free and proprietary software packages are used.
- The department has a switched Fast Ethernet network connecting all nodes of the department through structured cabling with the main laboratory, servers and graphics workstations on Gigabit Ethernet.
- The entire department building is covered with Wi-Fi wireless network connectivity
- The department has latest teaching aids and equipment including an interactive multimedia projector for smart classroom, several multimedia projectors, B&W and color laser printers, photocopy machines, scanners, etc.
- The department has two Internet connections (one connection is provided by the University through an optical fibre cable while the other connection is a BSNL broadband line).
- The departmental library has a comprehensive collection of latest books. It also subscribes to several national and international journals and popular computer magazines.
- The department has access to a wide range of e-journals through the INFLIBNET.
|Total Area in Sq. Ft