Department offered three programmes:
- Two years’ regular M.A. based on modern semester (4) and CBCS
- 1 year regular M.Phil and
- Ph.D programme of two years (Full-Time) and 3 years (Part-Time) duration.
As per New curriculum prescribed by UGC under M.A. programme, six core papers and Nine electives papers are taught.
|Core Papers||Elective Papers|
- Theoretical Perspective in Sociology,
- Research Methods,
- Rural Society, Rural Change and Development in India,
- Sociology of Change and Development in India,
- Conceptualization of Indian Society and Perspective for its study
- Sociology of Mass Communication.
- Education and Society,
- Gender and Society,
- Human Rights,
- Indian Diaspora,
- Sociology of Health,
- Industry and Society in India,
- Political Sociology and
- Environment and Society.
The course is also comprised of paper on Soft-Skills including ICT, Communication and Problem solving skills as well as Self-Study on village Community and literature work.
M.Phil programme is comprised of four papers such as:
Research Methods and Statistical analysis in Third World Countries,
Monograph Studies and