- History of the Institution
- Sucessive Heads
- Vision Mission & Objectives
- Special Features of the college
- Future Plans
History of the institution :
M.B.Patel College of Education was established as secondary Teacher’s Training College in 1960.
Due to its outstanding performance in teachers’ training, the college received generous donation from Shri Maganbhai Bhikhabhai Patel. Uptill now, the institution has prepared 372 T.D. Students 11,500 B.Ed. Students, 1012 M.Ed. Students and 163 Ph.D. Scholars.
Being a constituent College of Sardar Patel University, the College enjoys status equivalent to other departments of the University
It is the first of its kind in Gujarat State.
Extension services started in 1965-66 by the Education Department, Government of India
Execution of an integrated B.Sc.,B.Ed. Course during 1966-70 by N.C.E.R.T. on experimental basis.
Upgradation of the College to function as C.T.E. (College of Teacher Education) since 1990 by MHRD to conduct in- service training programmes.
Hostel facility (C.T.E. Hostel) for providing accommodation to student -teachers.
The following Principals have contributed enormously in earning laureals for the College
1. Shri Ishwarbhai J. Patel 01/04/1960 to 16/11/1963
2. Shri R.S. Trivedi 17/11/1963 to 7/06/1978
3. Dr. Bhailalbhai Patel 8/6/1978 to 9/7/1988
4. Dr. Chandravadan Pathak 10/07/1988 to 31/1/1989
& 25/06/1990 to 30/06/1994
5. Dr. Isabbhai Vora 01/02/1989 to 24/6/1990
6. Dr. Kishorbhai M. Shah 01/07/1994 to 20/11/1997
7. Prof. Jayendra K. Dave 21/11/1997 to 29/05/1998
8. Dr. Nathabhai R. Patel 30/05/1998 to till date
§ To help develop proficient education personnel striving for societal upliftment.
§ To help build an education system on the basis of Indian wisdom as well as contemporary world.
§ To search for excellent practices in teacher education with a view to institutionalising and spreading innovative practices.
§ To prepare competent, committed and creative teachers practicing innovative models of teaching.
§ To promote creative and critical thinking in teaching learning processes.
§ To bring about desirable attitudinal changes among student teachers.
§ To develop local and global concern in student teachers.
§ To facilitate the processes that enhance among student teachers love for learning, imagination, sense of humour, individuality and creative flair.
§ To initiate the self development of prospective teachers through curricular activities and co-curricular activities.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF THE COLLEGE :
· The College has achieved 2.16 points in NAAC peer team evaluation.
· Located in the heart of the town having serene atmosphere.
· Beautiful ambience with pollution free climate.
· Adequate physical infrastructure like well designed building, airy and spacious class rooms, library, laboratories, furniture and fixtures.
· A big playground for recreational facilities
· Services of University Health center for student – teachers and faculty members with out any fees.
FUTURE PLANS :
Having witnessed the jubilant development in the ‘ being ’of the institution by making qualitative efforts, we look for more exuberant moments towards our march towards quality in prospective years. Our futuristic planning is detailed here :
· Upgradation and improvement in the ICT facilities and its confluence in teaching- learning processes. Creating blogs, email groups and facilitating on- line interaction for academic sharing.
· Equipping student- teachers with sound communication skills in English through SCOPE programme.
· Conducting Seminars/workshops for giving the students exposure to become efficient facilities.
· Organising State/National level Seminars/Workshops/Symposia/ Conference for the teacher educators.
· Seeking Sardar Patel University’s help for qualitative improvement of the teacher – education fraternity by providing a model.
· Publication of Education related books and journals.