Dr. Haresh Keharia
Ph. D. Students :
1. Vaishnav P, Randev S, Jatiani S, Agarwal S, Keharia H, Vyas PR, Nareshkumar G, Archana, G (2000) Characterization of carbamoyl phosphate synthetase of Streptomyces spp. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, 38: 931-935.
2. Keharia H, Madamwar D (2002) Transformation of textile dyes by white rot fungus Trametes versicolor. Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 102: 99-108.
3. Keharia H, Madamwar D (2003) Bioremediation concepts for treatment of dye containing wastewater: A review. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology, 41: 1068-1075.
4. Keharia H, Patel H, Madamwar D (2004) Decolorization screening of synthetic dyes by anaerobic methanogenic sludge using a batch decolorization assay. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 20: 365-370.
5. Keharia H, Madamwar D (2004) Biodegradation of textile and dyestuff industrial effluent: An overview of scientific principles. In: Pandey A (Ed.) Concise Encyclopedia of Bioresource Technology, Haworth Press, U.S.A., pp: 167-175.
6. Moosvi S, Keharia H, Madamwar D (2005) Decolorization and degradation of textile dye Reactive Violet 5 by newly isolated bacterial consortium. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 21: 667-672.
7. Patel NK, Pandya PD, Keharia H, Patel H, Sinha VK (2005) Synthesis, characterization and biodegradation of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and partially carboxymethylated starch (PCMS) blend. International Journal of Polymeric Materials, 54: 985-992.
8. Patel NK, Pandya PD, Keharia H, Patel H, Sinha VK (2005) Biodegradable composition based on low density polyethylene. International Journal of Polymeric Materials, 54: 993-999.
9. Bhatt N, Patel KC, Keharia H, Madamwar D (2005) Decolorization of diazo-dye reactive blue 172 by Pseudomonas aeruginosa NBAR12. Journal of Basic Microbiology, 45:407-418.
10. Dandavate V, Keharia H, Madamwar D (2009) Ethyl isovalerate synthesis using Candida rugosa lipase immobilized on silica nanoparticles prepared in nonionic reverse micelles. Process Biochemistry, 44: 349-352.
11. Dandavate V, Jinjala J, Keharia H, Madamwar D (2009) Production, partial purification and characterization of organic solvent tolerant lipase from Burkholderia multivorans V2 and its application for ester synthesis. Bioresource Technology, 100: 3374-3381.
12. Pathak K, Keharia H, Kharkwal AC (2009) Isolation, cultivation and in planta visualization of bacterial endophytes in hanging roots of Banyan tree (Ficus bengalensis). In: Varma A, Kharkwal AC (eds.) Symbiotic Fungi, Soil Biology (Vol 18). Springer-Verlag Berlin, Heidelberg, pp:211-225.
13. Jani DH, Patel HS, Keharia H, Modi CK (2010) Novel drug-based Fe(III) heterochelates: synthetic, spectroscopic, thermal and in-vitro antibacterial significance. Applied Organometallic Chemistry, 24: 99-111.
14. Kavita B, Bera N, Keharia H (2010) Biosorption of hexavalent chromium using spent biomass of oleaginous Pythium sp.: Kinetics studies in batch mode. PRAJNA: Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences, 18: 21-26.
15. Kavita B, Limbachiya J, Keharia H (2011) Hexavalent chromium sorption by biomass of chromium tolerant Pythium sp. Journal of Basic Microbiology, 51: 173-182.
16. Dandavate V, Keharia H, Madamwar D (2011) Ester synthesis using Candida rugosa lipase immobilized on magnetic nanoparticles. Biocatalysis and Biotransformation, 29: 37-41.
17. Bose A, Kavita B, Keharia H (2011) The suitability of Jatropha seed press cake as a biosorbent for removal of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solutions. Bioremediation Journal, 15: 218-229.
18. Soni BH, Deshpande MP, Bhatt SV, Chaki SH, Keharia H (2011) Study on antimicrobial activity of undoped and Mn doped ZnO nanoparticles synthesized by microwave irradiation. Archives of Applied Science Research, 3: 173-179.
19. Dixit RB, Patel TS, Vanparia SF, Kunjadiya AP, Keharia HR, Dixit BC (2011) DNA-binding interaction studies of microwave assisted synthesized sulfonamide substituted 8-hydroxyquinoline derivatives. Scientia Pharmaceutica, 79: 293
20. Kavita B, Keharia H (2012) Reduction of hexavalent chromium by Ochrobactrum intermedium BCR400 isolated from a chromium-contaminated soil. 3 Biotech, 2: 79-87.
21. Pathak KV, Keharia H, Gupta K, Thakur SS, Balaram, P (2012) Lipopeptides from the Banyan endophyte, Bacillus subtilis K1: Mass spectrometric characterization of a library of fengycins. Journal of The American Society for Mass Spectrometry, 23: 1716-1728.
22. Kavita B, Keharia H (2012) Biosorption potential of Trichoderma gamsii biomass for removal of Cr(VI) from electroplating industrial effluent. International Journal of Chemical Engineering 2012: Article ID 305462 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2012/305462)
23. Bose A, Keharia H (2013). Production, characterization and applications of organic solvent tolerant lipase by Pseudomonas aeruginosa AAU2. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, 2: 255-266.
24. Pathak KV, Keharia H (2013). Characterization of fungal antagonistic bacilli isolated from aerial roots of banyan () using intact-cell MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry (ICMS).
25. Gupte S, Keharia H, Gupte A (2013) Toxicity analysis of azo Red BS and Methyl Red dye solutions on earthworm (Pheretima phosthuma), micro-organisms, and plants. Desalination and Water Treatment, 51: 4556-4565 (doi:10.1080/19443994.2012.748637).
26. Bose A, Shah D, Keharia H (2013). Production of indole-3-acetic-acid (IAA) by a white-rot fungus Pleurotus osteratus under submerged condition of Jatropha seedcake. Mycology: An International Journal on Fungal Biology, 4: 103-111.
27. Bose A, Keharia H (2013). Phorbol ester degradation in Jatropha seedcake using white rot fungi. 3Biotech, 4: 447-450 (10.1007/s13205-013-0174-9).
28. Bose A, Pathan S, Pathak K, Keharia H (2014). Keratinolytic protease production by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens 6B using feather meal as substrate and application of feather hydrolysate as soil input. Waste & Biomass Valorization, 5: 595-605 (10.1007/s12649-013-9272-5).
29. Bose A, Keharia H, Deshpande MP (2013). Eco-friendly phyto-synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Jatropha seedcake extract. Chinese Physics Letter (10.1088/0256-307X/30/12/128103).
30. Deshpande MP, Garg N, Patel K, Bhatt SV, Keharia H, Bose A (2013). Structural, thermal and antimicrobial property of CdSe nanoparticles synthesized by chemical route. Archives of Physics Research, 4: 32-39.
31. Bose A, Chawdhary V, Keharia H, Subramanian RB (2014). Production and characterization of a solvent tolerant protease from a novel marine isolate Bacillus tequilensis P15. Annals of Microbiology, 64: 343-354.
32. Pathak KV, Keharia H (2014). Application of extracellular lipopeptide biosurfactant produced by endophytic Bacillus subtilis K1 isolated from aerial roots of banyan (Ficus benghalensis) in microbial enhanced oil recovery (MEOR).
33. Pathak KV, Keharia H (2014). Identification of surfactins and iturins produced by potent fungal antagonist, Bacillus subtilis K1 isolated from aerial roots of banyan (Ficus benghalensis) tree using mass spectrometry.
34. Pathak K, Bose A, Keharia H (2014) Characterization of novel lipopeptides produced by Bacillus tequilensis P15 using Liquid Chromatography Coupled Electron Spray Ionization Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC–ESI–MS/MS). International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics, 20: 133-143.
35. Pathak K, Bose A, Keharia H (2014) Identification and characterization of novel surfactins produced by fungal antagonist Bacillus amyloliquefaciens 6B. Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, 61: 349-356.
36. Kavita B, Keharia H (2015) Anthraquinone 2-sulfonic acid-mediated reduction of Cr(VI) by Bacillus sp. BT1. Desalination and Water Treatment, 53: 221-229.
37. Bose A, Kher M, Nataraj M, Keharia H (2016) Phytostimulatory effect of indole-3-acetic acid by Enterobacter cloacae SN19 isolated from Teramnus labialis (L. f.) Spreng rhizosphere. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, 6: 128-137.
1. Attended 10-day International Workshop on “Environmental Management for the Textile and Dye/Dye Intermediary Industry” organized by United States Agency for International Development, Institute of International Education and ATIRA during June 1997.
2. Successfully completed ten weeks course on ORACLE 8 and Developer 2000 at Computer Centre of B & B Institute of Technology, Charutar Vidya Mandal, Vallabh Vidyanagar during April-June 1999.
3. Attended regional training course in “Environmental Biotechnology” organized by NEERI, Nagpur during 29th Nov-10th Dec 1999.
4. Attended a summer course on “Current Techniques in Electrophoresis” organized by The Electrophoresis Institute, Yercaud, Tamil Nadu during 22nd - 27th May 2000.
5. Attended Refresher Course in Biosciences organized at Department of Biosciences, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar from 2nd Nov-20th Nov 2000.
6. Attended training course on “High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography” organized by Anchrom Enterprises (I) P. Ltd, Mumbai on 29th - 30th Jan 2001.
7. Successfully completed online certificate course in Bioinformatics conducted by National University of Singapore, S-Star Alliance during May-August 2004.
8. Attended winter school on “Perspectives in Biological Research” organized by Department of Biosciences, Sardar Patel University during 22nd Nov-18th Dec 2004.
9. Participated in a Workshop on “Modern Techniques in Molecular Genetics & Microbial diversity” organized by Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology Centre, M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodara during 4th Jan-25th Jan 2005.
10. Attended a national training programme in “Electron Microscopy for scientific investigators” organized by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi at Electron Microscopy Facility, AIIMS from 3rd Nov-18th Nov 2008.
11. Attended in short term training on “Microbe-mediated crop residue management and their utilization for sustainable crop production” organized by Division of Microbiology, IARI, New Delhi from 2nd Aug-13th Aug 2009.
12. Successfully completed 60 h certificate course on SPSS at Dept. of Statistics. SPUniv., Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat, Apr 2011.
1. Presented a paper titled, “Decolorization of Textile Dyes by Trametes versicolor” in 39th Annual Conference of AMI, organized at Mangalore during 5th-6th Dec 1998.
2. Attended an International Symposium on “Recent Advances in Molecular Biology, Allergy and Immunology” organized by M. S. University of Baroda and State University of New York, Buffalo at Vadodara during 3rd -5th Sep 2000.
3. Presented a paper titled, “Involvement of extracellular peroxidase in dye decolorization by Trametes versicolor” in 41st Annual Conference of AMI, organized at Birla Institute of Scientific Research, Jaipur on 27th-28th Nov 2000.
4. Presented a paper titled, “Fluidized bed reactor for decolorization of textile dyes” in International Conference on New Horizons in Biotechnology, organized by RRL, Trivendrum during 18th -21st Apr 2001.
5. Attended IInd International Symposium on Molecular Medicine at M. S. University of Baroda during 20th -23rd Jan 2002.
6. Attended an International Symposium on Molecular Medicine organized by Comed Biotech Ltd, SUNY–Buffalo and M. S. University of Baroda during 26th -27th Dec 2003.
7. Delivered an Oral Presentation on “Bioremediation of Dyes” in National Symposium on “New Horizons in Fermentation and Food Biotechnology-2006” organized by Department of Biotechnology, Punjabi University, Patiala from 21st -22nd Mar 2006.
8. Attended an International Nanobioscience Conference (INBC-2006) organized by Agharkar Research Institute, Pune from 6th - 8th Aug 2006.
9. Participated as member of Organizing Committee in 3rd BRSI Convention & International Conference on “Exploring Horizons in Biotechnology: A Global Venture”, organized by Department of Biosciences, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar during 2nd-4th Nov 2006.
10. Presented a paper titled “Sequential anaerobic-aerobic process for treatment of azo-dye containing industrial effluents” in International Conference on New Horizons in Biotechnology (NHBT-2007), organized jointly by BRSI and National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology at Trivandrum from 26th -29th Nov 2007.
11. Participated as member of Organizing Committee in Workshop on Electron Microscopy organized by BRD School of Biosciences, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar during January 2009.
12. Organizing Secretary in UGC-DSA sponsored National Conference on “Frontiers in biological sciences” organized by BRD School of Biosciences, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar during 27-28th Feb 2009.
13. Participated as member of Organizing Committee in UGC-DSA sponsored National symposium on “Trends in biological sciences” organized by BRD School of Biosciences, SPUniv., Vallabh Vidyanagar during 28-29th Jan, 2011.
14. Delivered a talk on “Lipopeptides of Bacillus subtilis: A Banyan Endophyte” in “9th Annual Convention of BRSI” organized at Panjabi University, Patiyala during 21st -24th Nov 2012.
1. UGC sponsored Minor Research Project on “Microbial decolorization of textile dyes” during 1999 to 2001 (Completed: Amount sanctioned Rs. 45,000/-).
2. UGC sponsored major research project on “Purification and characterization of antifungal compounds produced by banyan endophytic bacilli”, from May 2006 to April 2009 (Completed: Amount sanctioned Rs. 5,68,100/-)
3. DST sponsored major research project on “Microbial remediation of chromium containing industrial effluents”, from Feb 2006 to Jan 2009 (Completed: Amount sanctioned Rs. 9,84,000/-)
4. DBT sponsored major research project on “Molecular and omics technologies to gauge microbial communities and bioremediation of xenobiotic contaminated sites”, from Sep 2010
· Identification of microbial cultures using Biolog culture Identification system Microlog 3 workstation.
· Antibacterial and antifungal assays of synthetic compounds or formulations.